Radio Frequency Identification is the answer to delivery inaccuracies. RFID tracking technology ensures your uniforms get back to your team members…with 100% accuracy.
Watch our RFID video here
What is an RFID chip?
An RFID chip is a small, dime-sized tracking device. These chips are sewn into each garment and given an individual tracking number. They can then be tracked throughout the laundry and rental process.
Are the RFID chips safe?
RFID chips are completely harmless. They use similar technology as a credit card or employee ID badge.
What can RFID really do for me and my company?
By using a rental program with RFID tracking, you can be sure Gunderson will return every uniform, every time.
- Get Back What You Turned In
- On-time, 100% accurate delivery
- Eliminate Lost or Missing Garments
- Track and manage your uniform inventory online anytime, anywhere
- No More Missorts or Miss-ties
- Ensure your team members always have the correct uniforms
- You’re No Longer Alone!
- Online Inventory Management System to rack your garments in real time
- You and Gunderson Uniform can hold each other accountable
- You are in control of your uniform program
How does the tracking process work?
- After choosing your uniforms, each garment is equipped with a barcode and an RFID tracking chip.
- Your soiled garments are picked up by your assigned Route Sales Representative and transported to our laundry facility.
- As the uniforms pass through the RFID multi-read soil-scan tunnel, each garment’s RFID chip is scanned into our laundry’s computer system.
- The uniforms are separated into batches by color, garment type, and soil content. A Quick Soil Inspection process, unique to Gunderson, is completed to remove items from pockets, such as pens or keys.
- Each pre-sorted load is weighed and placed into the washer with the ideal wash formula to keep your uniforms looking their best.
- Your uniforms are now prepared to go through the steam tunnel. This process releases wrinkles and gives you the quality finish you deserve. As a garment is placed on its hanger, it is hand-inspected to check for tears, stains, missing buttons, and broken zippers. All necessary repairs are flagged with a pink tag and immediately mended.
- Now, all items are sorted by company and then bundled for each of your team members.
- One final scan…the Bundle Verifier. This scan verifies that each soiled item that entered the laundry through the multi-read, soil-scan tunnel has been expertly cleaned and prepared for
- delivery. On the rare occasion an item has been tied with the wrong team member’s bundle,the system alerts our staff. Errors are immediately corrected…to ensure accuracy.
What makes RFID tracking better?
Gunderson (RFID Tracking)
Most Uniform Companies (Barcodes)
|Automation/Read Rate||Fully automated system||Frequent errors|
|Garment Identification||Garment Identification Every garment scanned and identified automatically||Scanned out and hand-sorted (no incoming scan)|
|Technology||Technology RFID tags inserted in woven pouches||Barcodes fade/fall off|
|Accuracy||100% accurate tracking(eliminate lost, missing, mis-tied, & missorted garments)||Frequent lost, missing, mis-tied, & missorted items|
|Tracking||Tracking Online Inventory Management in real time||No real time tracking|
Items currently tracked
- Uniform Garments
- Some Health Care Apparel (COG and Rental)
If you have questions on RFID, we would be pleased to assist you