About Gunderson Cleaners
A Community of Actively Engaged People Focused on Being the Reason Someone Smiles
Gunderson Cleaners was established in 1952 by Douglas E. Gunderson, with one dry cleaning location. In 1989, Gary Gunderson purchased the business from his father and has continued to expand the company. Between 1997 and 2009, Gunderson opened Accents Image Wear & Embroidery and FRSTeam Fabric Restoration and invested in RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) tracking technology. Today, the Gunderson Family Companies remains a family-owned and family-operated business. With over 60 years of experience, Gunderson is the expert in dry cleaning, laundry, fabric restoration, and your professional image.
click on the time line below for details
- 1952 – Gunderson Cleaners founded by Douglas Gunderson with 18 employees
- 1969 – Menasha plant converted to Health Care Linen
- 1989 – Gary Gunderson purchased business from father
- 1997 – Accents Image Wear established (Embroidery)
- 2003 – Additional Industrial plant added
- 2006 – RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) tracking technology installed
- 2009 – FRSTeam purchased (Textile Restoration)
- 2011 – 2013 Sustainability, efficiency and lean methodology integration
- Today – Gunderson Family Companies continues to grow and employs 225 people in the Fox Valley and Central Wisconsin
Gunderson Cleaners founded by Douglas Gunderson with 18 employees
Pictured: Douglas Gunderson (1967)
Pictured is one of our original Gunderson trucks
One of our original Gunderson vans
Menasha plant converted to Health Care Linen
Featured newspaper article from the Appleton Post Crescent
Gunderson Fleet Office
Gunderson Corporate Office
Gunderson Office Equipment
Gary Gunderson purchased business from his father
Accents Image Wear opened (Embroidery)
Additional Industrial plant was added
RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) tracking technology installed
FRSTeam Franchise purchased (Textile Restoration)
Sustainability, efficiency and lean methodology integration
Gunderson Family Companies continues to grow and employs 225 people in the Fox Valley and Central Wisconsin
Why Choose Gunderson?
Local, family-owned business
- Business decisions are always made right here in Menasha, Wisconsin
- Decisions are based on the best interest of our customers, staff and communities.
- Revenues and profits of doing business stay in your local economy.
- Gunderson employs 225 of your friends, family and neighbors.
- Integrating innovative technologies that bring real value to products and services are more manageable for a local, family company.
- Gunderson’s innovation and improvement decisions are not contingent upon outside shareholders. They are made based on adding value for you.
Since 1952, Gunderson Family Companies has been a leader in laundry service innovation, efficiency and sustainability. We are the linen and uniform service experts.
Wide variety of products and services
With a wide variety of products and flexible rental, lease or direct purchase options, the solutions created for you and your business can be customized to meet your needs.
Unlike other uniform and linen companies, we exercise up-front billing. You will not find unexpected or hidden fees. Your trust in our business practices is our priority.
The Gunderson Difference: True North
Integrity is the solid foundation upon which we stand. With ongoing innovation and communication, we facilitate change and success for our customers, our staff, and our community.
Integrity : Honest and dependable service
Customer : Relationships and partnerships built on trust
Innovation : Environmentally focused and thinking ahead
Community : Volunteering and support