A Community of Actively Engaged People Focused on Being the Reason Someone
Accents Embroidery was purchased in 1997 by Gary Gunderson. It all started with just two single-head embroidery machines, one computer and about 20 customers. In October of 1997, our doors opened in downtown Appleton with a new approach. Under the new name of Accents Image Wear, the business started providing both embroidery and garment sales. Only months later, business doubled, which called for a larger facility and a new four-head embroidery machine.
Accents Image Wear experienced double-digit growth for several years. By 2002, the company, now in Menasha, had a new six-head and another single-head embroidery machine, joined the Advertising Specialty Institute (ASI) and offered screen printed apparel and almost any logoed marketing merchandise. By 2005 business continued to multiply, driving Accents to become a full-service marketing merchandise company. A graphic designer was hired to allow customers to receive custom art and design services.
In 2010, Accents Image Wear moved to a facility in Appleton that offered a production area, as well as a retail showroom. The showroom allows customers to try on apparel and view promotional items on display, prior to purchase. Even more recently, in 2012, a heat seal machine was added to production to offer yet another form of in-house decoration. Today, with an outstanding team of 8 production, office and retail operations employees, Accents has the great privilege of serving hundreds of customers each year.
Why Choose Accents?
We believe you have a story to tell
What is your organization about? What do you believe in? What is your story? From your Boy Scout troop to a Fortune 500 company, our experienced staff will become your partners and help you tell your story by providing embroidered and printed apparel, custom design and promotional products. How does this work?
Local, family-owned business
There are several benefits of doing business with a local and family-owned company.
- Business decisions are always made right here in Appleton, Wisconsin and are based on the best interest of our customers, staff and communities.
- Revenues and profits of doing business stay in your local economy.
- Integrating innovative technologies that bring real value to products and services are more manageable for a local, family company. Accents’ innovation and improvement decisions are not contingent upon outside shareholders. They are made based on adding value for you.
Since 1997, Accents Image Wear has been a leader in custom design, embroidery, screen printing and promotional items. We are the experts.
Wide variety of products and services
We help your image come to life by utilizing a wide variety of customizable products and services.
Gunderson Family Companies History
Gunderson Cleaners was established in 1952 by Douglas E. Gunderson, with one dry cleaning location. In 1989, Gary Gunderson purchased the business from his father and has continued to expand the company. Between 1997 and 2009, Gunderson opened Accents Image Wear & Embroidery and FRSTeam Fabric Restoration and invested in RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) tracking technology. Today, the Gunderson Family Companies remains a family-owned and family-operated business. With over 60 years of experience, Gunderson is the expert in dry cleaning, laundry, fabric restoration, and your professional image.
click on the time line below for details
- 1952 – Gunderson Cleaners founded by Douglas Gunderson with 18 employees
- 1969 – Menasha plant converted to Health Care Linen
- 1989 – Gary Gunderson purchased business from father
- 1997 – Accents Image Wear established (Embroidery)
- 2003 – Additional Industrial plant added
- 2006 – RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) tracking technology installed
- 2009 – FRSTeam purchased (Textile Restoration)
- 2011 – 2013 Sustainability, efficiency and lean methodology integration
- Today – Gunderson Family Companies continues to grow and employs 225 people in the Fox Valley and Central Wisconsin
Gunderson Cleaners founded by Douglas Gunderson with 18 employees
Pictured: Douglas Gunderson (1967)
Pictured is one of our original Gunderson trucks
One of our original Gunderson vans
Menasha plant converted to Health Care Linen
Featured newspaper article from the Appleton Post Crescent
Gunderson Fleet Office
Gunderson Corporate Office
Gunderson Office Equipment
Gary Gunderson purchased business from his father
Accents Image Wear opened (Embroidery)
Additional Industrial plant was added
RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) tracking technology installed
FRSTeam Franchise purchased (Textile Restoration)
Sustainability, efficiency and lean methodology integration
Gunderson Family Companies continues to grow and employs 225 people in the Fox Valley and Central Wisconsin
The Gunderson Difference: True North
Integrity is the solid foundation upon which we stand. With ongoing innovation and communication, we facilitate change and success for our customers, our staff, and our community.
Integrity : Honest and dependable service
Customer : Relationships and partnerships built on trust
Innovation : Environmentally focused and thinking ahead
Community : Volunteering and support